In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Turkey
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a serious of procedures used for preventing the genetic infertility problems and helping the eggs to fertilize. To do that eggs and sperm is combining in a laboratory the outside of the body. After the fertilization, the embryo or embryos are transferred to the uterus.
Which Reasons of Infertility Can Treat with IVF?
This reasons of infertility, IVF may be an option for you:
- Uterus problems
- Ovulation problems
- Low egg quality
- Low sperm counts
- Antibody problems that harm sperm or eggs
- The inability of sperm to penetrate or survive in the cervical mucus
- Genetic problems
- An unexplained fertility problem
How is In Vitro Fertilization Done?
It includes five basic process:
- Multiple eggs are needed in IVT because some of them will not develop or fertilize. The ultrasound of vagina and blood test to check the hormone levels is used as first step.
- To retrieve the eggs, a surgical procedure is used to decrease and remove potential discomfort.
- The sperm is taken from the male to combine with the eggs.
- The sperm and eggs are combined in the laboratory for fertilization. If the possibility of fertilization is low, a single sperm directly is injected into the egg. They are observing for the fertilization. The fertilized eggs are named as embryos.
Generally in four or five days the embryos are transferred into the uterus with the help of small tube or catheter. Most woman thinks that this procedure is painless but some of them have slight cramps. After around six or ten days, the implantation occurs in successful operations.
How Successful is IVF?
Age of female, lifestyle factors, reproductive history and the other factors changes the success rate. And you need to know that even the pregnancy is successful, the baby may not be alive. The rate of the live birth for each IVF cycle is published in the United States as below:
|Women Age||Rate of Live Birth|
What Are the Side Effects?
Some side effects after IVF may include:
- Breast tenderness
- Mild bloating
- Passing a small amount of fluid (may be clear or blood-tinged) after the procedure
- Mild cramping
If you have any of the following symptoms, call the doctor immediately:
- A fever over 100.5 °F (38 °C)
- Pelvic pain
- Heavy vaginal bleeding
- Blood in the urine
Some side effects of fertility medications may include:
- Abdominal bloating
- Mood swings
- Abdominal pain
- Hot flashes
RARE: Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
What are the Risks?
There are some risks, typically from OHSS as below:
- Ten-pound weight gain within three to five days
- Nausea or vomiting
- Decreased urinary frequency
- Shortness of breath
- Severe stomach pains and bloating
How many embryos should be created or transferred?
It depends on how many eggs are collected and the age of the woman. Increasing age, the rate of implantation is decreasing. Although so many embryo implantations cause multiple pregnancies, the woman who is older is implanted with more embryos. Surely, you need to discuss with your doctor how many embryos to implant.